Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Rough Week

This past week has been rather rough...especially on Amanda. Sleep depravation, frequent baby feedings, and Olivia dealing with quite a bit of congestion (another cold) has left Amanda exhausted and frustrated. Until now, there's been little I could do to help her out...but a hopeful solution will be delivered later on today in the form of an electric breast pump. That will allow Amanda to pump ahead of time which will give me the opportunity to do the overnight feedings and let Amanda get more than two hours of sleep at a time. Amanda's made it through four weeks of pure breast feeding and now it's time to give her a break. Here's hoping everything with the pump goes well!

With the exception of the congestion issue, Olivia is doing very well. We're still in the "eat/sleep/pee & poop" phase of her life...she really isn't doing much else right now. We give her "belly time" and work with her to help build her leg and arm strength. The rest of the time I spend doing stuff around the house like dishes, laundry, cooking, and other miscellaneous tasks I have on my "to do" list. Next week, I go back to work on a "regular schedule". I've enjoyed the time off spending it with Amanda and Olivia. It will be tough going back to work, but there are bills to pay. :-)

Here are a couple recent pictures of Olivia:

No comments: