Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone! I hope all of you had a wonderful Easter. Saturday night, Amanda and I were confirmed in the Catholic church (so was my sister...congrats, Jen!) and we took Olivia along...well, we kind of took Olivia along. We had my mom stay with Olivia in the cry room and it's a good thing we did. Olivia had a healthy fit while she was in there and it took an emergency feeding from Amanda for her to calm down. On top of that, we accidentally left the diaper bag at the house. Oops. Yes, we are still learning and that was a big blunder on our part. Thankfully, we made it through the rest of the two-hour service without any additional incidents. Now that Amanda and I are confirmed, the next step will be to have Olivia baptized. That will probably take place in a month or two. We don't dare do it anytime soon because this time of year, severe weather episodes are notorious for ruining family events.

For Easter, Grandpa Warren Smith sent down a pair of bunny ears for Olivia to wear. Based on the collection of pictures I got of Olivia wearing the ears, she really didn't think too highly of them. Have a look:


Oh well, you can't win them all I guess. Nice try, Grandpa Warren. I do want to say a big "Thank you" to Grandma Pauline Smith (my mom) for being here this past week and getting a lot of things done that would not have been done around here for a long time. Thanks mom!

Olivia's been doing really well...with the exception getting Olivia to understand that nighttime is the time to sleep, not throw a baby party. Somehow, I think we'll be battling this issue for quite some time. Amanda is doing very well too...except for the severe lack of sleep. See above for the reason why.

I have definitely noticed changes in Olivia's appearance from the time we brought her home to now. I also have a new "favorite picture"...it's one I took of Olivia while she was sleeping on our bed. A couple other pictures follow.


The above picture is for my mom who has a strange fascination with Olivia's feet.


1 comment:

Mariah said...

that bunny picture is cracking us up! that is some pure baby torture right there.