Thursday, March 30, 2006

What an Amazing Time!

It's simply amazing to watch Olivia. Amanda and I are both addicted to her already! She's such a quiet baby...at least for now. That will change, I know, but I'm doing my best to enjoy just looking at her in such a peaceful state. I'm in awe and I love every second of it.

Amanda is doing very well recovering from her c-section. We should be leaving the hospital Saturday. As I sit here and type this, Amanda is sleeping with Olivia in the cradle at the end of the bed. I am such an incredibly lucky man. God is truly shining down on me and all I can do is thank Him over and over again for all His blessings. Here are two more pictures of Olivia. The first two you can't really see her face very well. With these, you definitely won't have that problem. You can see her self-inflicted scratches pretty well in the first one. Those baby fingernails are sharp! We may try cutting fingernails tomorrow. The second picture is my favorite so far. Remember all the hair the last ultrasound showed? It wasn't wrong!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am SOOOO happy for you both...
sorry, Amanda I never got to visit with you much before I left :(... but i'm keeping up A BIT with your life on this blog (and thanks to D.J. Stubben :)... she is SO beautiful and ALREADY looks very smart (must take that from her mom - wink, wink :).

Miss you all - I'll keep you in my prayers,
cheri d.

mamo said...

what a BEAUTIFUL princess. congratulations you guys - and job well done. can't wait to meet her - dinner our place - SOON.