Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Down With the Sickness

Amanda and I ran into a nasty little stomach virus the past couple of days. Amanda spent most of Sunday night "praying to the porcelain goddess". And just like a set of dominoes, I was next in line. This is a nasty little virus...it just wipes you of your energy and your appetite is virtually zero. The good thing is it doesn't last very long. Amanda is already feeling better...making the duration of this virus about 36 hours. In theory, I should be feeling much better tomorrow, but I'm going to take one more day off of work just to be on the safe side. The biggest concern at this point is determining whether or not Olivia is going to be affected by the virus. So far, so good...and given that Amanda is taking Olivia to Albuquerque (either Wednesday or Thursday), we're just hoping beyond hope that she won't come down with this.

Other than that, Olivia is still trying to crawl and she really likes to go from sitting to standing...with my help, of course. The level of help I give her has dropped off drastically in the past week...and there was one time she knocked some stuff off the changing table, so I put Olivia in her crib. As I'm cleaning stuff up, I hear an unusually high amount of grunting and heaving breathing. I turn around and she's standing up in her crib while holding on to the railing. Scary.

I'm tired and worn out from battling this virus, so I'll make this short. Here are some pictures from the past week. I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving.
Bathtime is funtime!

Olivia trying to make the transition from sitting to crawling

Playing with the basketball

No comments: