Saturday, June 10, 2006

Mahna Mahna

Have you ever seen the Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper commercial in which a man and a woman are sitting in a restaurant and are on their first date? She's listening to him talk then her Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper arrives. She takes a drink and the song "Mahna Mahna" (Mahna Mahna do doooo do do do) starts playing. It's a cute commercial and "Mahna Mahna" is one of those songs that can get stuck in your head for the rest of the day. Well, if you didn't know, that song originates from a rather funny skit from the old "Muppet Show" (Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, and my personal favorite the Swedish Chef). A while back, I found the original skit online and downloaded it. Earlier this week, I had Olivia in my lap as I was doing computer stuff and on a whim I decided to play the skit for her. Turns out she loves it! She couldn't take her eyes off of it! So now, whenever she's getting fussy and Amanda is taking a nap or doing something else, I just put her in my lap and play that skit for her. A couple times usually works.

I have managed to get a couple of Olivia's smiles on camera. I still haven't gotten the "picture perfect" smile on camera, but now that she's smiling more, it's just a matter of time before I get a really good one. Here are some of those pictures:



Also, here's a picture I took of Olivia all wide eyed. Her eyes are incredibly deep blue. I really hope they stay that color.
One other note...Olivia has her own email address now. It's oliviaswiatowy@gmail.com (Yahoo requires a minimum age of 2 to get an email address). So, if you ever have the urge to send Olivia an email, you now have means to do it!

A couple other notes to pass along...first, please keep my Aunt Kathleen in your prayers for a speedy recovery after breaking her leg in a fall earlier this week. She's a strong, healthy woman and will be back on her feet in no time. Second, a big congratulations goes out to Amy and Jameson Longanecker for completing their tenure as Co-executive Directors at the Downtown Athletic Club. Wish them luck as they move on to bigger and better things! If you get the opportunity, read Amy's blog entry on their son Jett and how he made a miraculous discovery in the past week. Finally, our poor dog Fiona is still on the road to recovery. The bandages are off and physical therapy has begun. I leave you with a picture of battle-scarred Fiona.

No comments: