Monday, January 02, 2006

What's in a Name?

Happy New Year everyone!! I hope y'all had a safe and fun New Year celebration. We really didn't do much at all. I had to work and Amanda was too tired to even make it to midnight, so we drank some sparkling grape juice at 11:00pm CST (midnight eastern time) and called it a night. We celebrated the new year early by going to Wal-Mart Friday night and completed our baby registry there. I know, I know...we really need to settle down and stop being so wild on Friday nights (please note the sarcasm). So, now we're registered at two stores...Wal-Mart and Target. Amanda and I think that will suffice for now.

Something really cool happened this week though. Amanda and I were sitting down watching TV when our little miracle started moving around. The cool part was watching the baby moving so much that it made Amanda's belly twitch and bulge! It was amazing! I know I'll get to see more of that over the next three months, but that was the first time I really got a chance to see her belly move that much. What a cool experience!

Amanda has also started the process of changing her name from Westmoreland to Swiatowy. When Amanda and I got married six years ago, she really didn't want to have to deal with all the flack that comes with an unusual last name like Swiatowy (pronounced swat-a-way). We agreed a long time ago that when it came time to start a family, she would change to Swiatowy for the simple reason that it makes things easier all the way around.

Speaking of names...this evening, Amanda showed me her list of names. After some discussion, we have narrowed it down to a list of five...call it "the final five" if you will. We wanted to post the potential names for everyone to see and give feedback just in case there was some aspect of the names that we weren't aware of (bad connotations, correlations, etc.). So, feel free to give us your feedback and let us know which ones you like and why! Without further delay, here is the list of names in no particular order:

  • Autumn Mackenzi
  • Olivia Skye
  • Abigail Mackenzi
  • Autumn Raine
  • Olivia Mackenzi

Last but certainly not least, here's the latest picture of Amanda...this represents week #28:

3 comments:

mamashine said...

I like Olivia best out of the first names. The only thing I would say against any of them is that Autumn Mackenzi runs together and sounds odd when you have to yell at her. :) If you're the sort to use a full name when you're angry, that is, and of course not that you would ever need to with your angel.
I've been having fun keeping up with your progress. Cute blog!

Anonymous said...

Well, since I'm gonna be the grandmother, I can say I'm partial to the Olivia M. as first choice and the other Olivia as second choice. It's the same name as the mother on the old tv show "The Waltons" and she was portrayed as a fine, brave, strong, honest woman during very hard times and she was one of my favorite tv characters of all time. (I still try to catch reruns of it on tv!) So if my granddaughter grows up to be as good as a woman portrayed tv, than Olivia is a great name!!

Rooney said...

All are good, but I agree with kep, you have to try to firmly blurt the first and middle names to get a parental sound check. Autumeckenzi!

On a side note, as we parrellel your trip, we have decided on a name as well.