Monday, August 01, 2005

A Baby is on the Way!

Welcome to the wonderful adventure that is Brian and Amanda headed down the road to becoming parents for the first time! I found out Amanda was pregnant back on July 14th. Now, keep in mind, Amanda knew she was pregnant the day before that...after taking 3 pregnancy test and all three of them coming back positive. Yet, my darling wife couldn't believe that any one of those 99.9% accurate tests were correct, so she didn't say anything to me until the following day. Even after telling me, she was still in a state of denial. So, after dinner that Friday (the 15th), we stopped by Walgreen's and got another pregnancy test. However, this one wasn't just the simple "plus or minus sign" type test. This one had to be a digital readout. In other words, Amanda had to see the word "PREGNANT" for her to finally believe it. After the test came back positive, I felt the need to take a picture of it so we could have it as the starting point of this magnificent stage in our life together. Here is that image:


To say the least, Amanda and I are incredibly excited. We're also trying not to be too overwhelmed with what's in front of us, so we're doing our best to take it one day at a time. So, that's where we stand right now. We're in the process of letting everyone know the wonderful news and trying to get an idea of what we want to do to the house to prepare it for this new arrival. Amanda's first appointment with the doctor will be on August 17th. By our rough approximation, the due date should be mid to late March. After the appointment, we should have a better idea on that. Also, twins does run in the family on Amanda's Dad's side, so there is that possibility as well. I'll be sure to keep y'all posted as we get new pictures and information. Until then, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers! Take care!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so very happy for both of you. This is so exciting. What a wonderful blessing. I will be checking the blog diary to keep up on everything.

Anonymous said...

YIPPEE!! It's been a long time coming.. but now God said the timing was perfect! Congrats on beginning the creation of a new life. My wife and I are very happy for you both.

Prokur said...

My congratz! :D It's really interesting blog! :D
I'll be coming here sometimes to check new posts :D Can you take a photo of pregnant woman? :D For is very interesting her tummy :) it will be very interesting to see changes week by week :)